With God as our source, the Son as our example, and the Spirit to guide our way… We Serve!
This is more than our motto; at St. James we live these truths out in many ways. From our food pantry to regular service projects, there are many ways to give back as part of our community. Want to get involved?
- School counselors from the North Kansas City and Park Hill School districts identify students in need and refer their families to the St. James Food Pantry.
- Prior to COVID-19, the Letter Carrier’s Food Drive provided food distributed from the St. James Food Pantry.
- We participate in Harvesters’ Grocery Store Recovery program, receiving food and other items from Walmart, Target and ALDI. Overstock items are shared with other Northland pantries and Operation Breakthrough.
Local and Global
- Members of St. James join in Church World Service’s annual CROP Walk to raise money for local and world agencies feeding the hungry.
- The congregation of St. James provides financial support to The Heifer Project, Feed America, Bread for the World, Feed Northland Kids, and Orphan Grain Train.
St. James quilters make quilts that get distributed around the world.
St. James conducts clothing drives and members volunteer at the Clay County Clothes Closet.