- School counselors from the North Kansas City and Park Hill School districts identify students in need and refer their families to the St. James Food Pantry.
- The Letter Carrier’s Food Drive provides food distributed from the St. James Food Pantry.
- We participate in Harvesters’ Grocery Store Recovery program, receiving food and other items from Walmart, Target and ALDI. Overstock items are shared with other Northland pantries and Operation Breakthrough.
- We participate in Harvesters’ Backsnack program, serving Linden West Elementary students.
- We provide and help to serve meals for individuals at the ReStart Homeless Shelter and Shalom House and Gathering Table.
- Kid-friendly food is provided weekly to preschoolers and Northland HeadStart.
Local and Global
- Members of St. James join in Church World Service’s annual CROP Walk to raise money for local and world agencies feeding the hungry.
- The congregation of St. James provides financial support to The Heifer Project, Feed America, Bread for the World, Feed Northland Kids, and Orphan Grain Train.