St. James is excited to again be participating in the North Kansas City Snake Saturday Parade on March 16th. We need your help! A planning meeting will be held in St. Timothy at 9:30 am between services on Sunday, February 24th and Sunday, March 3rd. The parade’s theme is “Rock the Blarney” and St. James will be creating an papier-mache rock float entry. A sign-up sheet is on the Evangelism Team’s bulletin board outside of St. Timothy.
St. James parade volunteers will meet that morning at 8 am for a pancake breakfast courtesy of the Gladstone Rotary. Volunteers will then car pool to the parade staging grounds and be ready to begin the parade at 11 am. The parade route is a little less than a mile. Volunteers will walk with the float, smile and waive. Those comfortable may hand out give-away items or stop to talk with parade watchers about St. James.
Important Dates and Times:
- Sunday, March 3rd, 9:30 am, in St. Timothy – Final planning meeting
- Sunday, March 10th, 9:30 am, stage in the Great Hall – Float building, papier-mache.
- Wednesday, March 13th, 6 pm, stage in the Great Hall – Float painting
- Friday, March 15th, 5:30-9 pm, [private residence] – Potluck, float assembly and finalization
- Saturday, March 16th, 8 am, Gashland – Pancake breakfast
- Saturday, March 16th, 10 am, North Kansas City – Head to parade staging
- Saturday, March 16th, 11 am – 1 pm, Parade
- Saturday, March 16th, 1pm – St. James parking lot – Float deconstruction.